This event is hosted by: DND 5e - MTG Ravnica and Strongholds and Followers
I am Looking for 3 - 4 Players to play a base-building variant of DND, focused on not only beating the big bad, but building allies along the way so that you have armies to command in your downtime. Players will be rewarded for not just if they defeat the bad guy, but WHICH one they defeat, and HOW. Sounds sandboxy right? It's better than sandbox, because the factions within the world are already set up and waiting for the adventurers to jump into the fray! They will react to your choices, come up with new ways to react to your strategies, and with any luck they(and you) will surprise us all. No homebrew will be denied, no character concept is too insane, preference given to those who apply with multiple persons already in existing DND group.
What's Special about this game?
- Players get to create a stronghold and manage its affairs, allowing the much needed "downtime activities" that high level DND characters would have access to, and building your impact on the world in a sandbox like environment.
- Players will be in Ravnica, the sprawling world city, and will be able to submit magic cards from any set to be homebrewed by the DM and added to the setting.
- 8 Session timeframe means this isn't an endless commitment. If you are a lifelong GM, but have never played this system before, this is a great way to get deep into what the excitement is all about, without giving up a permanent spot on your calendar for gaming.
- If your group loves it, there is no reason it has to end; additional campaign Archs available to those who complete this first arch.
A few things about me:
I have been on both sides of the DND table for over 20 years now, and my passion for learning complex concepts and expressing human emotions is fulfilled by it in a way that nothing else satisfies. It is an itch, that I simply must scratch. Overtime I have found that I love introducing players to new systems as much as I love delving into their rich backstories. I do my best to engage all of my players equally through games, and develop the story in a way that becomes personal to everyone involved so everyone continues to have fun.
- Sexist, racist, or otherwise offensive remarks and opinions being espoused, or offensive behavior towards other players at any point will result in ejection. More generally, don't be a creep. If you want to tell a story of self-destruction or painful experiences, let them be your characters. Dark is ok, offensive is not; if you are unsure where the line is, meditate on it somewhere else.
Session 0(Character Generation) is Free, and Session 1(First Session) is Pay what you like after the game, and Session 2 forward is 15 Dollars per session paid in advance of the game.
A few thematic inspirations to help you get a feel for the world:
- Factions Mini-game within Stars Without Number
- The Night Circus
- The Greatest Showman
- Dresden Files
- The Collected Works of Hozier, Caravan Palace, and Avicii
Please feel free to DM me or Post here for Discord information, and I would love to discuss character concepts.